At the present time, the Elk Grove Village Fire Department is NOT accepting applications for the position of Firefighter. If you would like to be notified of our next testing process, please send an email expressing your interest to email@example.com.
For informational purposes, applicant requirements for our most recent testing process were as follows:
• Must be at least 21 years of age as of written examination date, and less than 35 years of age as of hire date unless otherwise exempt by statute;
• Must be a United States citizen or meet requirements for citizenship;
• Must possess IDPH or National Registry EMT-Paramedic license by August 31, 2015.
• Must possess valid CPAT/Ladder Climb card at time of application and at time of appointment. Card is considered valid if issued between July 2014 and July 2015.
• Must read, write and speak English;
• Must be in excellent physical condition and have good vision;
• Must be of good moral character; must not have been convicted of any crimes or guilty of infamous or notoriously disgraceful conduct as described in the Illinois Compiled Statues 65 ICLS 5/10-2.1-6;
• Must be legally eligible to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Illinois and must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s license at the time of hire.